Neovacs to present the pre-clinical results of its therapeutic vaccine candidate IL-4 / IL-13 Kinoid to treat allergic Asthma
PRESS RELEASE · PRESS RELEASE · PRESS RELEASE
NEOVACS TO PRESENT THE PRE-CLINICAL RESULTS OF ITS THERAPEUTIC VACCINE CANDIDATE IL-4 / IL-13 KINOID TO TREAT ALLERGIC ASTHMA
- « Antibodies and Complement 2019 » - Girona, Spain- May 20-25, 2019
- « EAACI 2019 » - Lisbon, Portugal, June 1-5 2019
Paris and Boston, May 16, 2019 – Neovacs - 07h30 am CEST - (Euronext Growth Paris : ALNEV), a leader in active immunotherapies for the treatment of autoimmune diseases, today announced the presentation of the pre-clinical results of its proof of concept in allergy with its new IL-4 / IL-13 Kinoid therapeutic vaccine, at two majors scientific congresses:
- « Antibodies and Complement 2019 » conference, in Girona, Spain - May 20-25, 2019. This event will focus attention on key advances in both fields: “Antibodies and Complement”.
- European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology Annual Congress 2019 “EAACI 2019”, to be held in Lisbon, Portugal – June 1-5, 2019, under the theme: “Mapping the new world of allergy (towards precision medicine in allergy and asthma)”.
Eva Conde (Neovacs) and Dr. Laurent Reber from the research team Inserm Unit 1222, Institut Pasteur, will present during an oral session the results of this collaborative work. It has been demonstrated in a representative allergic asthma model that a treatment with
IL-4 / IL-13 Kinoid enhanced the production of polyclonal antibodies, which neutralize the two targeted cytokines IL-4 and IL-13, both being development factors for allergic asthma, thus avoiding the occurrance of any symptoms.
Listed on Euronext Growth since 2010, Neovacs is today a leading biotechnology company focused on an active immunotherapy technology platform (Kinoids) with applications in autoimmune and/or inflammatory diseases. On the basis of the company’s proprietary technology for inducing a polyclonal immune response (covered by four patent families that potentially run until 2032) Neovacs is focusing its clinical development efforts on IFN?-Kinoid, an immunotherapy being developed for the indication of lupus, dermatomyositis and also in preclinical trial for Type 1 diabetes. Neovacs is also conducting preclinical development works on other therapeutic vaccines in the fields of auto-immune diseases, oncology and allergies. The goal of the Kinoid approach is to enable patients to have access to safe treatments with efficacy that is sustained in these life-long diseases. www.neovacs.fr
NEOVACS – Corporate Communication & Investor Relations
+33 1 53 10 93 00
ORPHEON FINANCE – Financial Communication and Investor Relations
+33 7 60 92 77 74
Upcoming Life Sciences Events
- June 2019
- London: The Pharma Business Development Course
- Lille: MedFIT
- Cambridge: Health Horizons Future Healthcare Forum